V Cars takes pride in being completely transparent with our members. Here is a comprehensive list of fees for certain scenarios after you have created your reservation.
Cancellation made more than 24hrs before booking start: ₹ 200
Reschedule before start #
Modifications made more than 24hrs before booking start: ₹ 200
Extension post start #
For Doorstep Bookings: Extension within 2 hours of Bookings End time will lead to cancellation of Doorstep Collection. No refunds applicable
Shortening post start
No charges or refunds applicable
Shortening/Rescheduling within 24hrs of booking start or booking end.
Customers will not be able to change booking start time or shorten the booking end time. No refunds will be applicable. Although Customers can anytime extend the booking.
Late return would be charged at ₹300/hour in addition to the hourly fee for use of the vehicle.
Pricing plan change
Pricing plan (free km per hour) cannot be changed post booking creation. Pricing will be charged on an half hour basis.
The free kilometres allotted to the customer will be proportional to the number of hours booked and the flexi package chosen.
The minimum booking duration for which the prices will be charged is 4 hours.
Discount is applicable only on trips of a duration equal or greater than 8 hours at the time of booking. Discount is applicable only on the booking fee after adjustment for credits (excluding refundable deposit, if any) paid in advance to book the car. Discount will not be applicable on blackout days. List of upcoming blackout days / peak seasons is (Visit www.vcars.in) (Please ensure that you select your city to view corresponding blackout days/peak season). V Cars reserves the right to cancel a booking if any unwarranted use of a discount coupon is identified.
Free Fuel is only included in pricing for with fuel bookings. Members will only be eligible for reimbursement of fuel expenses upon the submission of a Bill containing the quantity of fuel filled, the date on which the fuel was bought and the cost of the fuel.
The Vehicle may be enabled with speed governor in compliance with the applicable Government regulations, that limits speed of the Vehicle upto 120 km/h. You will also be notified by SMS on your registered number.
Breakdown of vehicle
1. The Member shall be responsible for the costs related to the repair, recovery, and loss of use of any V Cars vehicle resulting from any of the foregoing, up to the current damage fee, as set forth in the Fee Policy / Rate Schedule (if such costs are because of the fault of the Member or if the fault is not directly established to any other person/ entity, or where any cost is not paid / reimbursed by the insurer of V Cars vehicles or the insurer of the other vehicle involved in the accident).
Usage of V Cars/Driving Credits
Customers will be able to use V Cars/Driving credits upto 30% of Booking amount (excluding refundable deposit, if any) or upto 10,000 whichever is lesser
- #Handover pursuant to the original booking, extensions and modifications are subject to availability of the vehicle.
- Your free KMs are calculated based on the latest scheduled pick up time to the latest scheduled drop off time or to the actual drop off time whichever is later.
- All Refunds made shall be through the original payment account only within 7-10 working days.
- V Cars reserves the right to charge a fee for specific pre-defined accessories.
Also, a list of penalties that can be levied if members violate certain V Cars community rules.
Returning the vehicle to the wrong location
₹2,000 + Full hourly fee for use of the vehicle + Full late fee until the vehicle is returned to the correct location
Traffic and Parking violations
Full payment of fines + ₹500 per 30 days late in payment
Bookings would stand cancelled if after 4 hours of booking start time the customer still doesn’t show up.
Overspeeding >= 125 km/hr
₹2500 (over and above any government fines that may have been levied)
Overspeeding >= 150 km/hr
Expulsion from V Cars
₹1,000 + applicable damage costs related to interiors
The member will be liable for the full cost of damage to the vehicle + miscellaneous expenses arising out of the damages.
Key not returned at end of reservation
₹10000 + replacement cost, if not returned within 3 days
Loss of documents
₹ 2000 if co-driver has not been added in the booking before booking start time.
Vehicle Damage (Accidental)
Any unintentional/accidental damage will be liable for the damage charges of ₹ 9999/. Any accident occurred while the time of booking then should be informed to our customer c are number on 9640805050. Upon the prior approval of the ride continuation by the representative of V Cars only you should continue the driving the car if no driving allowed case our ground staff or vehicle RSa team will reach you and will assist you in case to case basis. For more details visit V Cars Fee Policy at www.vcas.in/policy
Vehicle Damage (Intentional or Consequential)
In case of any intentional damage or damage caused to the vehicle as consequence of the member driving the car, even after the car is damaged and need urgent repair (Examples include but are not limited to:
Towing and Impounding
No cost if caused by vehicle failure
Cleaning required (interiors)
Washing of removables (for footmats etc) would be charged at ₹500. Interior Washing / Drycleaning (for seat covers, door panels) would be charged at ₹1,500.
Note: Payments owed by members will be deducted from the security deposit. If the security deposit does not cover such payments, the balance must be paid by the member electronically.
*Please note there are four cases where there will be exceptions:
- In the event the member is found to be under the influence of alcohol during a booking, the member will be held liable for 100% of the vehicle damage bill as per the invoice received from the vehicle workshop.
- The member will be liable for 100% of the entire vehicle damage bill in the event that the vehicle workshop and/or insurance company deem the damage to be consequential in nature (this will be clearly stated in the accident report). Consequential damage occurs when the member continues driving even after an external vehicle impact, thereby severely undermining the condition of the vehicle.
- In the event a non-V Cars member is found to be the one driving at the time of accident, then the member will be held liable for 100% of the vehicle damage bill as per the invoice received from the workshop.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, only SUV vehicles are permitted for trips to regions having higher altitudes including but not limited to Leh or Ladakh districts in Jammu & Kashmir. Damages caused to the vehicles except falling under SUV (Ecosport, Scorpio, XUV, Tata Safari, Toyota Fortuner) category will attract charges viz; damages fees of ₹ 999 along with repairs cost, towing cost, travel cost of representatives of V Cars and other related charges, if any on actual basis.
If a V Cars member is violating the law or V Cars rules, for example by overspeeding or driving drunk, the member will be responsible for all damage, liability, and fines and could face legal action.
Responsibility for Payment:
- Payments by Members shall be made with his/her credit card or debit card. The Member is under obligation to ensure that the account from which the amounts are to be collected have sufficient funds or credit available to cover any charges. Member is solely responsible for any associated bank or credit card charges or fees. Member may be charged a processing fee for a declined credit or debit card payment.
- In the event the Member defaults on any payments, V Cars is entitled to charge reminder fees and default interest in accordance with the provisions of the law. In addition, V Cars may utilize third parties to collect amounts owed to V Cars by a Member.
- With all fees mentioned above, V Cars reserves the right to prohibit a Member from making a subsequent reservation until all outstanding fees in the Member’s account have been paid in full. In the event a fee is incurred, Members will receive an email invoice from V Cars that will have detailed payment instructions.
Collision or other incident:
- V Cars provides full wrap unlimited third party liability insurance without a maximum cap.
- If member is involved in an unintentional/non consequential incident/accident (including but not limited to a collision or misuse of the vehicle) Member will be responsible for a standard insurance deductible payment of up to ₹ 999. The Member will be obligated to pay the repair cost up to ₹ 999. The payment owed will be deducted from the security deposit, if any. Should the security deposit not cover the payment (in the case the Member has accrued late return, excess km, etc charges) the balance of the payment owed shall be payable by the Member separately as an additional outstanding.
- Member will be responsible for all towing and impounding charges associated with a collision.
- Member will be responsible for all towing and impounding charges caused by member failure.
- V Cars will be responsible for all towing and impounding charges caused by vehicle failure.
- Member will be responsible for all applicable damages and costs, including those in excess of the applicable Damage Fee, arising from the Member’s failure to comply with the terms of the Agreement and/or a violation of the law.
- Members are responsible for paying all tolls at the time they are due.
- V Cars vehicles are registered with an All India Permit, allowing the vehicle to enter any state in the country.
- Members must pay all inter-state taxes and fees upon entering into a neighbouring state. V Cars shall reimburse the State entry fees only in the event when the Member pays for the duration of 3 months or more.
By joining V Cars, the Member agrees to pay V Cars the costs, charges, fees and expenses set out in the Agreement, including specifically and without limitation those set forth in this schedule. The following is not exhaustive and other specific fees, costs and charges may apply. Other applicable costs will be communicated to the Member. Capitalized terms used in this schedule shall have the same meaning assigned to such terms in the Agreement.
V Cars reserves the right to change the terms of this Policy from time to time and shall give notice of such changes to the Member in a timely manner. Notice to the Members shall be considered given when such notice is indicated and accessible from the first page accessed after the Member log-on to the V Cars website, or by email to the Member’s email address provided to V Cars in the Member’s application or most recently provided to V Cars. Member agrees that the amended terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be effective and binding the earlier of (1) the effective date indicated in such notice; or (2) on the date posted on V Cars’s website (www.vcars.in)